480-789-7000 | P.O.Box 17779, Fountain Hills, AZ 85269

Civil Court Resources

Matters and disputes that fall under the jurisdiction of the civil court include civil, family (including divorce, guardianship, custody, child support/visitation), juvenile, probate, animal control, and protective orders. You can download the appropriate form for your situation by clicking on the relevant link below.

Public Case and Calendar Access



Civil Trespass

  • If you received a citation for Civil Trespass you must appear on the date and time listed in your citation, at the hearing your fine amount will be determined. Payments can be made at the clerk’s office with debit or credit card or by mail with a money order or cashier’s check, only.




  • A petition for Guardianship can be filed with the court when a third party is asking for guardianship over a minor child, i.e. an aunt, grandmother, uncle, sister, brother, someone other than the natural parents.
  • A petition for Adult Guardianship can be filed with the court when a person is deemed to be incompetent, or one person believes another person cannot effectively handle their own affairs.
  • A motion for Immediate Temporary Custody can be filed if the party needs an order granting them the same basic authorities as a natural parent would have and an order is needed in an emergency situation, this motion plus the guardianship petition must be filed together.


  • A petition for Child Custody can be filed with the court when one parent is seeking custody from the other parent.
  • A petition for Modification of an existing order can be filed with the court if an order already exists in the court and you want to change something.

Child Support/Visitation


All juvenile cases are confidential.


Power of Attorney

  • A petition for ­Power of Attorney for per capita can be filed if you’re a member of the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation and want to allow someone else to pick up and cash your per capita, Christmas Bonus, Smith Barney or Dean Rauscher checks.
  • Power of Attorney for a minor is a private agreement between 2 (two) parties. You do not have to file this document with the court. It is available as a courtesy.

Animal Control

If you receive a citation regarding your pet, you must appear in court on the date and time listed in your citation. If your pet has been removed from your care, please contact the police department by calling 480-837-1091.

Protective Orders

Contact the Court

If you have any questions regarding the forms or procedures in civil court, please contact us to submit your question online, or call 480-789-7604. The court is open from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, and again 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm, Monday through Thursday. We are closed on all public holidays.