480-789-7000 | P.O.Box 17779, Fountain Hills, AZ 85269

Looking for an Attorney?

This is a list of attorneys & advocates authorized to practice before the Fort McDowell Tribal Court. Are you an attorney? Apply here.


Manny Bustamante

(602) 523-0234

Ursula Gordwin

(480) 786-1800

Tait Elkie

(480) 626-7070

Important - Please Read
The Tribal Court does NOT recommend or suggest one advocate or attorney over any other. Selection of an advocate or attorney is a personal choice. The Tribal Court in no manner guarantees that these individuals are accepting cases at this time or makes any representation or guarantee about the quality of legal services each individual might provide.

Attorneys & Advocates Authorized to Practice in the FMYN Tribal Court

This PDF below contains a list the individuals who are authorized to practice before the Tribal Court of the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation, pursuant to Section 1-25 of the Fort McDowell Law and Order Code.

The people listed in the PDF are those authorized to practice before the Tribal Court, but any attorney in good standing who is licensed to practice law in the United States may be able to represent you. If you choose to have a licensed attorney represent you and they are not on this list, they can apply by filing an application to practice with the tribal court (applications can be obtained through the clerk’s office).


What is an Advocate?

A Tribal Advocate is an Indian person who is NOT a licensed attorney but who believes he/she has adequate knowledge of tribal law to defend a person against criminal or civil complaints. Any person who retains the services of a non-attorney tribal advocate does so at his/her own risk regarding the competence of the advocate.


List of Authorized Attorneys
Download a PDF of Attorneys & Advocates authorized to practice before the Tribal Court.

Download List
Are you an Attorney?
If you would like to be able to practice law in the Fort McDowell Tribal Court and would like to be added to our Attorney and Advocate list please file an Attorney/Advocate application.


Contact the Court

If you have any questions, please contact us.