Dear Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Members:
REDW will be continuing to perform tax services for the Members during this challenging time; but please take note of the following significant changes:
- For the next two weeks starting March 19, 2020, the Ft. McDowell Tribal Offices will be closed.
- During the closure, REDW will not conduct any in-person tax appointments
- If you currently have a tax appointment set up, you will be contacted and asked to mail your tax information to the REDW office in Phoenix.
- If you have already submitted your information, you will be contacted by email or by phone to complete the filing process.
- If you have not already sent your tax information or you have an appointment currently scheduled, we ask that you provide all of your tax information by US mail at your earliest convenience. Please be sure to provide the signed engagement letter and completed checklist along with your tax documents.
- The drop box located at the tribal offices is inaccessible during the closure – please do not attempt to drop off your tax information at the tribal office until further notice.
Even though REDW is continuing to process tax returns, tax loans will not be processed during the closure. The federal government has provided for an extra amount of time to pay 2019 taxes. Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the due date for payment of 2019 tax due has been extended by 90 days. Therefore, amounts that would normally be due on April 15 will now be due in July.
All tax returns will be processed and completed normally and can be delivered to you either by mail or by electronic delivery through your e-mail. Please note on your checklist how you would prefer to receive your completed returns.
We will send out additional communication as circumstances change, and as we near the end of the initial two-week closure period.
5353 N. 16th St Suite 200
Phoenix, AZ 85016